FOLDING KAYAK INNOVATION !
Our aim is to create the most innovative design of folding kayak built with the latest materials and unparalleled craftmanship.
SHIZUOKA university BE in electoronic engineering
- Participated in the Australian solar bicycle race WSCC 1996 Darwin to Adelaide. Continued to Australia Continental Bicycle Journey. Made the folding kayak on Tasmania Island, traveled a Tasmanian coastline, circle around macquarie harbor, murray river 1700 km.
- Worked at a shipyard in Himeji, Yoko Co., Ltd. I participated in construction and test voyage (between Osaka and Guam) of yacht “Corrasa 70” aimed at alone non-stop round the world . Learned shipbuilding technology.
- Made Bamboo frame folding kayak and won the AMAMI SEA KAYAK MARATHON 2000 competition in 2 person folding kayak category.
- Invented idea of cockpit pod. Founded butterfly kayaks in 2008.
Media & Show
- ２００８ Exhibiting the Japan International Boat Show in YOKOHAMA 2008-2012 for 5 years.
- ２０１１ Kobe news paper 「 harima bito」
- ２０１２ Kansai TV「yooi-don」
- ２０１４ Building the special folding kayak for 2014 north pole expedition of Yasunaga Ogita.
- ２０１４－２０１５ Professional adventure racer Yoki Tanaka crossed the SETO inland sea with crusoe 460 and crusoe500 .
- Exhibiting Paddle Expo 2015 in germany.
- ２０１６ 「liart setouchi」
- ２０１７ ＫＡＺＩ publishing「 CANOE WORLD Vol.13」”visiting kayak builder”
- ２０１８年 MITSUBISHI Motors「RVR active gear」catalog
Butterfly Kayaks co.,Ltd.
saisho 325 himeji HYOGO 670-0981 JAPAN
TEL : (+81) 79-227-3066 FAX : (+81) 79-298-1964
Mobile : (+81)90-5124-5974 E-mail : email@example.com